What are some of our activities?
The League of Women Voters of Sacramento County is an organization of both women and men that welcomes diversity, equity and inclusion. Located in California's Capitol, League of Women Voters of Sacramento County is uniquely positioned to participate in the study of political issues at both the local and state level.
- We encourage informed and active participation in government.
- We work to increase understanding of major public-policy issues.
- We influence public policy through education and advocacy.
New members welcome! We will have an orientation on Saturday, January 25, 2020. Lots of good information about ways you can immediately contribute to voter participation in Sacramento
- voter registration * candidate forums * children's advocacy * climate change
- census challenges * criminal justice reform * ranked choice voting * more
Become a member to join an active and engaging group of people! Participation in a reputable organization such as the Sacramento League gives your voice more power.
- The Sacramento League launched an education campaign about Ranked Choice Voting used in some cities to rank candidates in order of preferences. Let us know if your group would like information on voter education, voter registration or Ranked Choice Voting.
- The Sacramento League was recently featured as a case study in the book Vote for US, by Joshua Douglas, Ph.D. He tells the story of how we led a governance reform effort in Sacramento.
- The League of Women Voters Sacramento County has an Observer Corps for the Sacramento Police Review Commission and we are working on something for the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department as well.
- Suffragists Club members provide extra funding for League activities and celebrate our annual Anne Rudin schlarship winner. To join, see the various membership levels.
The League does not support nor oppose candidates or political parties.
Where do we teach people about voting? (past events)
- Voter registration training for Sacramento Chapter of the National Coaliton of 100 Black Women.
- Voter registration iwth ProYouth and Families.
- Voter registration at pet vaccination clinics.
- Support for the Registrar's Office with extra mock elections.
- Distribution of voter materials in Sacramento area Post offices.
- Voter registration at CSUS in Hinde Auditorium, 1/24/20, 1/25/20 and 3/25/20
- Candidates Forum, Congressional District 7, Rio Americano Performing Arts Center, 1/28/20
- Voter registration trianing, Luther Burbank High School, 2/6/20
- Parkside Community Church, 2/22/20
- CSUS Hinde Auditorium, 2/25/20
- CSUS Hinde Auditorium, 3/2/20
How do I vote in California?
- Voting is easier than ever with Voter's Choice
- You will get your ballot by mail
- You can vote early or on election day
- You can put your signed ballot in any Ballot Drop Box or mail it in
- You can bring your ballot to any Vote Center
- Visit Voting & Elections for more of the California League's voter services including positions on Statewide propositions.
What are some upcoming events (upcoming & past events)?